This Valentine’s Day surprise your loved ones with this healthy and heart-y fruit salad. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut red, pink and white fruit into heart shapes that will remind them that you care with every bite. You can adapt this fruit salad to any holiday by changing out your cookie cutter and changing the color of your fruit.
This recipe was inspired by and modified from WitandWhistle.com
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 bunch of red seedless grapes
- 1 banana, frozen
- 2 apples
- Cut watermelon into 1 inch slices, then use a medium heart cookie cutter to cut watermelon hearts. Add to bowl.
- Wash and drain strawberries. Cut in half, then use the top of a small heart cookie cutter to cut off the stems. Add to bowl.
- Wash and drain raspberries. Add to bowl
- Wash grapes, then remove from stems. Add to bowl.
- Remove banana from freezer, cut into slices, then use the top of small heart cookie cutter to make rounded hearts. Add to bowl
- Wash apples. Cut apples from each side of the core into thin slices. Use small heart cookie cutter to cut apple hearts. Add to bowl.
- Toss and serve. But take pictures first cause its soooo heart-warmingly pretty!