Watermelon is such a juicy, sweet and healthy snack by itself, why would you mess it up with toppings? Because these toppings make the watermelon savoury (meaning a bit salty) and this way you can serve it as a side dish with a meal! I modified this recipe from www.skinnytaste.com . This is an impressive looking side dish that is really quick to make.
Watermelon for dinner anyone?
- 1 watermelon
- 1 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 6-12 mint leaves
- Set watermelon on a cutting board, and using a large knife, cut the watermelon in half at the widest part. (Be careful and get help from an adult if needed)
- Place watermelon cut side down, then slice off 1″ section from each half so you have a whole circle.
- Place both sections together on cutting board and make 2 diagonal cuts pizza style to the circle so there is 6 slices altogether.
- Place watermelon slices in a circle on a plate or platter.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on watermelon.
- Place one or two mint leaves on each slice.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over entire thing.