Spring has sprung… wait winter is back. I don’t know about you but my lips are getting confused between this chapped winter weather and chapped summer weather. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind. In the meantime, here is a lip remedy that will keep your lips healthy and happy by gently exfoliating and conditioning. This sugar lip polish smells so amazing, you’ll want to eat it up, and it’s all natural so go ahead and have a little taste if you like 😉 This DIY idea was inspired by blitzandgiggles.com
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vitamin E capsule (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, warm the coconut oil and the honey in the microwave for about 30 seconds or till softened.
- Add in white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- If desired, squeeze the vitamin E out of the capsule into the bowl and discard capsule.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into air tight containers to give away as gifts or keep for yourself (mother’s day is coming up)
- Directions for Use: Massage a small amount onto your lips then rinse with warm water.
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out and your tips and tricks.