This adorable hairstyle is cute and girly. It reminds me of when my girls didn’t have enough hair to make pig tails. But the dutch braid gives it some sophistication so can be worn by older girls for some flirty fun. This hairstyle was inspired by missysue.com
- 2 small clear elastics
- 2 large elastics
- Brush or Comb
- Clip (optional)
- Start by dividing your hair down the middle into two sections. Tie one side back out of the way.
- Section off the hair on the top of your head and clip out of the way or use a loose elastic.
- With your head either upside down or laying face down, take a small section of hair from the nape of the neck and make a dutch (passing the sections under instead of over) french braid by adding sections of hair on each side as you braid from the neck up to the clipped off hair.
- Stop when you reach the top section and secure with a small elastic.
- Remove the clip from the top section and combine the hair with the dutch braid on that side. Create a messy bun on the top of your head. (see video below by Missy Sue for 3 different ways to make a messy bun.)
- Repeat steps 2-5 with the other side.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own and what worked for you! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.