In the summer I usually wear my hair up and off my neck because it’s easier and it’s cooler. Recently I’ve been troubled by shorter hairs at the back that fall out of my high pony or bun. So what I have started doing is the upside-down braid at the back into my high messy bun. And no more little hairs!! It is very fast and easy to do, if you know how to french braid, and stays in all day even in the water! I like to do this hairstyle when my hair is wet for a sleek look, but it can also be done dry for an even messier messy bun.
- Flip head toward floor and comb hair upside down.
- Take a small section of hair from the nap of the neck and divide into 3 sections.
- French braid hair upwards toward top of head (braid sections while adding in a new hair from sides of your head on an upward angle).
- While holding the top of the braid, comb rest of hair (with brush for polished look, or with fingers for more relaxed look) into a high pony with the braided hair.
- Fasten with an elastic but on the last time pulling through, only pull hair through halfway to form a loop, while ends stick out in front.
- Arrange ends by pulling around “bun” for a messy look.
- If your hair is naturally curly you can leave longer ends sticking out. If your hair is straight I would suggest a bigger loop and smaller ends. Play with it to see what works best for you.
- If some shorter hair falls out of the loop then loop it under and tuck into the elastic at the bottom.
And there you have a fast just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-I-look-fabulous hair-do for summer.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.