My girls love catching snowflakes on their tongues in the winter. They also like watching them fall and looking at all the amazing shapes they form. We decided it would be a cool craft this month of January to make our own snowflakes. Here is how to fold and cut out a 6 point snowflake. We also provided you with some cool templates. You can also cut out any shapes into the folded paper to make it your own.
- Download the printable snow flake template PDF.
- Print at 120% and cut out your desired template.
- Take an 8X10 piece of paper and fold the top-left corner down on diagonal (like you were going to make a square.)
- Fold the top-right point down to bottom-left corner of the first fold. (it should look like a house)
- Fold left-side at the point over by one third.
- Fold right-side at the point over to meet the left side.
- Place the template at the point and cut out template. Or cut out your own design.
- Remove the template and carefully unfold the snowflake.
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out. Or send pictures of your own unique creations to email@example.com.