With proms coming up in June, we thought we would add to our growing number of up dos on the hairstyle club. This elegant style is perfect for Prom. It looks super fancy and as long and you can french braid and make a twist, it can be done at home. It works well for all hair lengths because those short bottom hairs can be pulled into the back braid. This hairstyle was inspired by an image on tiff.jp
Here is what you’ll need:
- 3 elastics
- Brush or Comb
- Bobby Pins
- Start by brushing hair back from face.
- Take the front section of your hair from the top of your ears to the back. Secure into an ponytail with elastic.
- Divide the ponytail into 2 sections and twist those sections.
- Then twist the twisted sections together and wrap the twist into a bun. Wrap an elastic over the bun to secure then ends in place. You can also secure with bobby pins for added stability.
- Take the remaining hair at the back and starting at one ear, french braid along the back of the head, adding in pieces of hair from the top and bottom as you go. Finish adding hair at the opposite ear then continue the braid to the end of the hair. Secure with an elastic.
- Pancake the end of the braid (pull the braid apart to make it look bigger and fuller starting at the end of the braid and working your way to the ear).
- Wrap the braided end up around the bun and secure in place with bobby pins, taking care to hide the end of the braid under the bun.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own and what worked for you! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.