This months craft was inspired by our need for more spring and less rain! You can attached these twine flowers to sticks and combine into a vase for a chic flower arrangement or use them as rustic coasters.
You will need:
- 1 roll of twine
- glue gun
- paints (optional)
- paint brush (optional)
- Find end of twine and add a dab of hot glue to the tip.
- Carefully (its hot), fold 1/4 inch of twine in on itself so the glue holds it down.
- Use a thin line of glue on the inside of the fold and fold over again so that it starts to form a spiral circle.
- Repeat step 3 until the spiral is approximately 1.5 inches in diameter, then cut the spiral from the twine roll and glue the end piece to the spiral. Set aside.
- Find the end of the twine and dab glue 2.5 inches from the end. Then attach 1/4 inch from the end to the glue to make a loop. See Picture.
- Dab glue on the end of twine and wrap around bottom of loop to make bottom of petal.
- Dab glue on the other side of bottom of petal and make a slightly larger loop and attach to glue.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 until you have 4 loops, each one slightly larger than the last. Cut the twine behind last glue.
- Create 4 more petals (5 in total).
- Lay out all 5 petals in circular formation. See Picture.
- Put a circle of glue near the edge of one side of the spiral piece.
- Carefully place spiral (glue side down) on top of the Petals and press down until they stick. Add glue to petals that don’t stick as necessary.
- Don’t forget to unplug the glue gun when you are done.
- Paint twine if preferred and Let dry.
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out and leave your tips and tricks. Or post a pic to instagram and tag #ggcmagazine.