When I saw this cute snowman, sorry, I mean snowoman ornament I thought it would be perfect for the December craft club. They are perfectly simple to make, and you can get as creative as you want to make them simply perfect. These little gals just glow, as festive decorations, fridge magnets or flickering on the fireplace. I found this idea on onelittleproject.com
- Tea Lights (you can find them at the dollar store)
- Pipe Cleaners
- Small Pom Poms
- Festive Ribbon
- Black and Orange Sharpie
- Glue Gun
- Make sure the “flame” of the tea light has its tip facing upwards before you draw the eyes and mouth to make it look more carrot like.
- With Black Sharpie draw eyes and mouth on the tea light centred around the “flame” which will act as the carrot nose. You could add eyelashes to your snow-woman if you like.
- Cut a 2.5 inch (6.5cm) section of the pipe cleaner, curve it around the top of the tea light and glue both ends from “ear to ear”.
- At each end of the pipe cleaner, glue the pom poms to finish the ear muffs.
- Cut a 4.5 inch (11.5cm) section of ribbon and glue in a crossed over circle as per the photo to make the scarf.
- Dab glue on inside back of the scarf and glue to the back bottom of the tea light.
- Color “flame” with the orange sharpie to make the carrot nose.
- You can now add a ribbon or hook under the ear muffs to make a tree ornament, or glue a magnet on the back to make a cutie fridge magnet.
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out.