This month a reader sent us a video of herself making slime. And because slime is soooo cool and science is awesome, we for sure had to share it with the rest of you. There are many ways to make slime but we found this to be the easiest and the safest with ingredients that are easy to find. Check out Jill’s video below telling you how to make slime with all her best tips and tricks.
- 225ml bottle of White glue
- 1 can foam shaving cream (not gel)
- food color (optional)
- 1/4 cup of liquid laundry detergent (we used Tide Free)
- large bowl and spoon
- Empty the entire bottle of white glue into a large bowl.
- Add enough shaving cream to double the glue (count to 15 while squirting the shaving cream).
- Mix glue and shaving cream together, making sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add 10-20 drops of food color and mix to get your desired color. Remember your primary and secondary color lessons from school: red food color with white glue and shaving cream makes pink, blue and red food color makes purple, red and yellow food color makes orange yellow and blue food color makes green.
- Add your liquid laundry detergent a little at a time and mix until, the slime doesn’t stick to the side of the bowl.
- Take your slime out of the bowl and stretch and play with it a little to work it in.
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out and what color you made. Or post a pic to instagram and tag #ggcmagazine.