Last week I woke up with a crazy cold; runny/stuffy nose, sneezing, head feeling like it was full of cotton. While I knew this was just a cold and didn’t want to take any medication, I still felt awful and needed a way to ease my suffering. You’ve heard of bath bombs? Well this is the shower equivalent, because who has time for long hot baths? These Shower Steamers are put in the shower under the spray and release a soothing aroma into the air that helped to relieve my stuffy nose and were so relaxing with the hot water spray. They also make a wonderful gift for a friend or family member in need of cold relief.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 4-5 drops of essential oils (e.g. eucalyptus, mint, rosemary, lavender)
- Mini muffin tin or oven safe silicone mold
- Air tight container for storage
- Add baking soda to a small bowl.
- Ver slowly add 1/4 cup of water and stir until mixture is like a thick paste.
- Press mixture tightly into a silicone mold or small muffin tin.
- If your container is oven safe, bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes (for smaller silicone molds) – 30 minutes (for mini muffin tin size) . Otherwise you can the leave out to dry until hard (This will take approx 2-3 days)
- Remove from mold and store in air tight container. I used a mason jar.
- When ready to use, add 4-5 drops of desired essential oils on top of shower steamer and then place in the shower with you under the water spray. Your shower will fill with your chosen scent.
Write in the comments to tell us what fragrances you used. Or post a pic to instagram and tag #ggcmagazine.