This craft was invented by my daughter who left spilled glue and glitter out on her desk. After it dried she tried to clean it up and found that it peeled off in one clump and she promptly and resourcefully cut out the glitter glue into a heart. She wanted me to share this mistaken craft with you so we decided to go with the celebration of the month and cut out shamrocks! You can cut out any shape you like and use them to decorate your binders, as gift tags or ornaments, put them in a frame or collage or for scrapbooking.
You will need:
- White glue
- Green glitter
- Shamrock Shape (we used a cookie cutter)
- Parchment Paper
- Lay the parchment paper on a flat surface.
- Spread a thin layer of white glue on the parchment paper the size of the shape you want to end up with.
- Sprinkle glitter to cover the glue. Shake off extra glitter.
- Let dry for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Gently peel the glue from the parchment paper.
- Turn the glue glitter-side down on the parchment and trace the shape you want on the back. We used a cookie cutter to trace the shamrock on the glue.
- Cut the shape out using scissors.
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out and what you did with them.