This month’s hairstyle is a literal twist on a simple up do. By adding a braid and twisting it around an easy twist back, we add a little more sophistication and interest. This is one of those go to hairstyles that can be done on yourself with ease. This Rolling Braid Half Up Do was inspired by a pinterest pin
- 3-4 small clear elastics
- Brush or Comb
- Curling Iron (optional)
- Start by loosely curling the bottom of your hair to add body (optional).
- Take a small section of hair in front of your right ear. Braid it and secure with small elastic
- Repeat with left side.
- Take a triangle section of hair above the right braid and twist it. Repeat with the left side and secure both twists together at the back of your head with a small elastic.
- Pancake (pull lightly apart) the twists so that they are fuller
- Loosely wrap the right side braid around the right side twist until it reaches the elastic. Tuck the braid into the twist elastic to secure in place or use another elastic if preferred.
- Repeat with left braid.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own and what worked for you! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.