As promised this hairstyle if for my short haired girls. It can be very dressy but if you twist messy it dresses it down. This one I do on my daughter with short hair to keep her hair off her face. But this can be done with longer hair too, you just need to twist a bit more at the ends.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Small Clear Elastics
- Fancy Clip or bobby pins
- Part hair in the middle or on the side depending on length of hair. For really short hair part in middle.
- Start on one side and take a small section of hair at the part.
- Divide section into 3 smaller sections and begin a braid (crossing outside section OVER middle section) or a dutch braid (crossing outside sections UNDER middle section)
- Add in sections of hair (french braid) from the hairline side and crown side as you go.
- Continue braiding and adding hair until you get to the nape of your neck. Hold with small clear elastic.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for the other side.
- Take two sections of hair in elastics and twist together in upwards direction.
- Depending on length of hair in elastics bobby pin the sections to hide elastics or secure with ornamental pin.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.