You can never have too many bookmarks! A beautifully homemade bookmark is something special and can be given as a gift to a special friend. You can make this bookmark into a reflection of your own creativity by using your favourite ribbon and cool buttons. I got the inspiration for these bookmarks from sparklesofsunshine.com
You will need:
- 18″ or so of Ribbon
- Hair Elastic
- Fun Button
- Cut ribbon to 18″
- Thread needle with thread that matches your ribbon, then tie a knot a the bottom of the thread.
- Fold over 1/2″ of the ribbon twice and sew straight along edge to keep in place. Get help from an adult if you don’t know how to sew.
- Repeat with the other side, except place the hair elastic in the second fold.
- Now sew your button to the first end (the one without the elastic) on the good side of the ribbon.
- To use your bookmark, place ribbon in the page where you want to mark, then wrap ends together on the front of book. Loop elastic over button.
- Voila! Beautiful Ribbon Bookmark!
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out and what fun colors you choose.