Now that we are getting some cooler temperatures, let’s think cosy and warm. This craft is an easy no-sew way to turn un-wanted knee socks into hip-hot hand warmers. Up-cycling is a great way to keep unwanted clothes out of the landfill and remake it into something usable. Go through your drawers to find a cool funky patterned pair of socks to use. In a pinch you can get inexpensive fun socks at the dollar store. These make great “stocking” stuffers for your friends. 😉
- Knee High Socks (they are more fun if they have a pattern)
- Straight Pins or fabric pencil
- First cut the bottoms off the sock at the ankle. Approximately 1-2 inches (3-5cm) from the heel .
- Measure with the ruler 2 inches (5cm) starting from the end you just cut and mark with a straight pin or fabric pencil.
- At the pin or pencil mark make a very small straight cut approximately 1/4 inch (1cm) into the side.
- Repeat with other sock.
- Remove the pins and try on your cosy hand warmers!
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out.