I know you have an old sketch book or date/address book that you don’t use anymore. The cover is so pretty but you don’t have any use for it? Let’s up-cycle that pretty book and make a charging station for your device. Be sure to get help/supervision from an adult with the cutting for this craft. I keep my beautiful book on my nightstand with my phone charging in it both so there is a place for it, and so that it protects my phone from my bedside water bottle and if the light comes on it doesn’t bother me at all. Be sure that you can still hear your alarm tho 😉
You will need:
- A writing book
- box cutter
- Open the cover of the book and place your device on the first page.
- Using the pencil trace a wide margin around your device. Then from the bottom of the outline make two lines for the charging cord to the bottom of the page.
- Measure how thick your device is against the side pages of the book.
- Place cardboard under the page that is the same thickness of your device.
- On a protected surface, get help using the box cutter to cut through the pages on the traced line.
- Continue to cut through the pages until you reach the cardboard. Discard the cutout pages
- Place the book near your outlet and you have a beautiful charging station.
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out and leave your tips and tricks. Or post a pic to instagram and tag #ggcmagazine.