Officially it’s Spring! And while Spring has yet to show its beautiful colors here, I thought it would be nice to create a little spring of our own to brighten the day with these paper butterflies.
I found this idea on Fabdiy.com
- Colored Oragami Paper or construction paper cut into squares
- Select two complimentary color paper squares and a coloured pipe-cleaner.
- Take one piece of paper and fold it in half to form a triangle.
- Now fold half of the square into an accordion by folding the paper down and then back up again about a 1/4 – 1/2 inch high.
- Turn the triangle over and continue folding the other side the same way.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for the second piece of paper.
- Place two folded papers on top of each other with the folded points touching.
- Cut pipe cleaner in half and twist around the middle of the papers.
- Gently fan out each of the four “wings” of the butterfly. Adjust the “wings” and the pipecleaner antena and Voila! Instant Spring!