So once a year during the holidays I have decided we in the Chefs Club can be a bit naughty and highlight a not-so-healthy-but-festive recipe. This merry mint cookie bark works well as a gift, in a cookie exchange or just to put out if you are having guests. Your friends will be so impressed.
This recipe was inspired by and modified from CanadianLiving.com and MissCandiQuik.com
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet mint chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or white molding wafers
- 9 Mint or plain OREO cookies, crumbled into pieces
- Red and Green Sprinkles (Optional)
- Line a 9×13″ pan with wax paper or foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips together, using 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals until completely smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Cool pan in fridge for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, in another microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips using same method in step 2.
- Place 9 cookies in a ziplock bag and roll with rolling pin or side of a glass until cookies are in pieces.
- Stir cookie pieces into melted white chocolate.
- Once dark chocolate is firm, pour white chocolate/cookie mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle top of bark with sprinkles (optional)
- Chill the bark in the refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
- Break the bark into pieces and serve.