I have to say that this is one of the coolest braids I have seen in a while. It looks great with long hair but I also tried this on my short haired girl and it was really pretty. I love when the messier you do hair the better it looks so this style is great for second day hair. Another added bonus is that it stays in without bobby pins!! I have evaded my bobby-pin-nemesis yet again! HAHA! Inspiration for this hairstyle was found at divinecaroline.com
- 1 elastic
- texture spray
- Brush hair and part in the middle or on the side and spray with texture spray for better hold.
- Take a section of hair from the top crown of head and do a simple 3 strand braid.
- Secure the braid with a clear elastic.
- Take a section of hair from the left side of face and loosely twist it back toward the braid.
- Weave the twisted section of hair through one section at the top of the braid.
- Repeat with a section of hair from the right side of the face and weave it through one section of the braid a little further down.
- Continue taking sections of hair, twisting and pulling through all the way down the braid.
- Once you run out of hair remove elastice and secure entire braid with the elastic.
- Pull at the bottom of the braid to give it more volume.
Note:That last pic is of my short haired cutie with the mermaid braid. I tucked the end of the braid underneath to hide the elastic.
Dress it up, dress it down…Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own and what worked for you! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.