The holidays are a great time to get together with friends. Whether you are looking to hang with that special person but are more comfortable in groups or you have lots of friends and want to celebrate the holidays, here are some not boring ideas to do with a group.
- Ice Skating – Find an outdoor rink and rent some skates.
- Snow Tubing – Some of these places let you link tubes and go down together or race side by side.
- Build a snowman or have a snowball fight – Do YOU want to build a snowman?
- Laser Tag
- Roller Skating
- Indoor Trampoline Park
- Indoor Skydiving
- Flight Simulators
- Rock Climbing
- Batting Cages
- Mini Golf
- Dinner and a Show – No not the movies! Lots of dinner places have entertainment included. Check out places like the CopaCabana or Medieval Times or google search local dinner theatre.
- Sporting Events – Pro football, basketball and hockey games play in December, also some AAA leagues and NCAA College Teams have some great games and are less expensive to attend.
- Concert/Play – There are many free concerts or local theatres putting on plays during the holiday season.
- Host a Charity Secret Santa – This is were you draw names like a regular Secret Santa, but you buy a kids toy for the person who’s name you got that represents them in some way. Everyone opens there gift with an explanation as to why the toy was selected for that person (maybe a nickname or something that reminds you of them) and then all the toys are donated to a children’s toy drive. Its a lot of fun and charitable too!
- Have a Games Night – Get a game like SceneIt, Balderdash, Apples to Apples, Telestrations or download Family Feud or Heads Up apps and host a friend game night.
- Holiday Movie Night – Rent your fav (or find out when its playing on TV), invite friends, and host a holiday movie night. Play fun game while watching like pause the movie and everyone has to guess what the next line is.
- Ugly Holiday Sweater Party – Have all guest wear an ugly holiday sweater and vote to see who’s is the ugliest! This can be combined with the Holiday Movie Night or Games Night or Charity Secret Santa night. For great ideas on Ugly Holiday Sweaters see December’s Style Club article.
So get some face time with your friends while celebrating 2 weeks off school, and have fun with these Holiday get together ideas. Let us know what you think of our list or tell us your favourite way to spend time with a group in the comments below.