One of my favorite things to do on a grill is to grill pineapple and my girls love it and I especially love it because fresh pineapple is my favorite fruit. Its a simple dessert trick that is the perfect finale to a backyard BBQ. Make sure to get your parents permission and help with the hot grill and the cutting if you need it.
- 1 fresh pineapple (peeled and sliced into rings)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat bbq to medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Peel, slice and core the pineapple. Check out Chef Kendra’s video on how to do this .
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and spread in a shallow dish
- Dip both sides of each pineapple ring into the mixture.
- Place rings on the grill and cook for 3-5 min per side.
- Remove from Grill and serve warm by themselves or with ice cream.