I have been wanting to make this Grapefruit and Mint Sugar Scrub that I found on thekitchenmccabe.com for a while now, and May seems like the perfect month to do so. Firstly because it’s wonderful scent makes this a great way to scrub away winter and wake up to Spring/Summer! The second reason is that it makes a wonderful homemade Mother’s Day gift!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- Zest of 1 Grapefruit
- 1 Tbsp. Grapefruit Juice
- 10 drops Peppermint Oil
- 25 drops grapefruit Oil (I used 10 drops rose hip Oil instead) (both optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Beet Juice (optional-for color, I didn’t use and it turned out this pretty peachy colour)
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Mix on a low speed to blend, then whip for 10-20 seconds till fluffy.
- Scrape into air tight glass jar and keep in the refrigerator. I used half sized mason jars.
Now all you have to do is grab some Oatmeal Honey Goat’s Milk Soap we made back in December’s craft club, add a fun nail polish and your mom’s favourite chocolates and you’ve got a perfect pampering Mother’s Day present!
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out and what you gave your Mom for Mother’s Day.