So I was trying to find a craft that would be useful and I found this idea on Pinterest. Glitter up your phone/ipod/ipad charger so that you can tell yours from your friends and family. I got my whole family involved to try it out and we had a blast. Those that didn’t have chargers glittered their head phones and one even glittered her pen! It was pretty simple and only required a few things from the craft store.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Scotch tape
- Matte ModPodge
- Paint brush
- Fine glitter, any color
- Clear nail polish
- paper plate (to contain the glitter mess)
- Item to be glittered.
We set up a table outside as it was a nice day so I wasn’t vacuuming glitter off the floors and carpets.
- Tape metal and electrical parts of item or any area you want to protect. (we don’t want glitter in the socket areas.)
- Sprinkle chosen color of glitter on a paper plate.
- Paint thin coat of Mod Podge on one side of item.
- Dip glued side of item into the glitter.
- Repeat with each side. Sprinkle glitter instead of dipping if area is hard to get to or uneven.
- Let dry.
- If needed repeat steps 3-6 for a second coat.
- Paint with clear nail polish to seal the glitter.
- Let dry
- Remove tape.
There you have a personal charger that will never be mistaken for somebody else’s. Get your friends together and do this craft while each picking a different color so you can tell your chargers apart.
Check out our finished products. So glitterific!