A long time ago in a Galaxy jar far away…. Ok so I couldn’t resist. Since we are featuring Rey’s hairstyle in this month’s Hairstyle club, I thought it would be fitting to make our own Galaxy for the Craft Club. This easy to make craft adds a cool calming presence to any room. Drift off to sleep starring into the wonder that is your own personal Galaxy. This craft was inspired by HelloMaphie‘s YouTube post. Here is how to make it.
You will need:
- Any size jar with lid. We used a Mason Jar.
- Cotton Balls
- Different Color Acrylic Paint or Food Coloring
- Container for mixing
- Different sized Glitter
- Fill the container with 3/4 cup water.
- Stir a colored paint into the water.
- Pull to stretch 8 Cotton balls and place in the bottom of the mason jar.
- Pour the colored water over the cotton balls until absorbed.
- Sprinkle glitter into jar around the outside closest to glass. We used medium silver glitter and pearl star glitter.
- Repeat directions 1 – 5 for each color of paint or until jar is full.
- Place lid on tightly.
- Voila! Your own personal Galaxy in a jar.
Write in the comments to tell us how yours turned out and if you have seen the new Star Wars yet.