Tired of the boring pony tail? This literal twist on the quick up-do turns the unremarkable into the “Hey! That’s so cool!”. This hairstyle was inspired by yetanotherbeautysite.com because I love the way this braided pony looks pretty enough to wear out somewhere special, without looking over done. You will require help with this hairstyle, so invite a french braiding friend over and have fun with this one. Maybe add in a ribbon, or try a fishtail braid. Let us know how it worked out. Here’s how we did it:
- Pull your hair back into a high pony tail.
- Take a small section of hair near the top of the pony tail and start a french braid with it diagonally across the pony, adding in hair from the rest of the pony on the top side.
- Wrap the braid around the back side of the pony.
- Continue the french braid again at the front of the pony, again adding in hair from the rest of the pony on the top side.
- Repeat all the way down and end with elastic.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.