When I saw this hairstyle on Pinterest I knew I had to use it for the next hairstyle club blog. Its so simple and pretty that you can do it yourself as an every day hairstyle. You can do it messy or polished, leave stray hairs or not depending on your mood. You can even add different color ribbon to the bottoms depending on your outfit or the occasion. We used green ribbon in honour of St. Patrick’s Day! Have fun with this one.
- 2 elastics
- Comb for part
- ribbon if desired
- Part hair down the middle (you can side part if desired) and secure right side with elastic to keep out of the way.
- Comb left side behind ear and separate into two sections.
- Starting behind the ear, make a fishtail braid by taking a small chunk of hair from the outside part of the left section and adding it to the right, then taking a small chunk of hair from the outside of the right section and adding it to the left. Repeat.
- Continue braiding until you get to the bottom of the hair. Secure braid with elastic.
- Remove elastic from the left side then repeat steps 2-4 with that side.
- Give each fishtail braid more volume by pulling at the braided hair starting at the bottom and moving up.
- Add ribbons around bottom elastics if desired.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own and what worked for you! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.