Ok, so I know I say that every recipe on here is “Easy-to-make” but this recipe is for sure the easiest. This avocado toast is something that my daughter has started making for her breakfast and it really couldn’t be simpler. Literally, smashed avocado… on toast! Such a simple thing, but a wonderfully fast and healthy way to start the morning. And it makes Back-to-School breakfast a snap.
- 2 slices multi-grain bread, toasted (sometimes we use multi-grain thin sandwich buns so there are no crust)
- 1/2 avocado, smashed
- Place 2 pieces of bread in the toaster and set to desired level
- Meanwhile, slice avocado in half and scoop out flesh into bowl with a spoon. Smash with a fork and set aside.
- When toast pops up, carefully remove from toaster onto plate.
- Spread smashed avocado onto warm toast.
- Serve warm.