This has got to be the most amazing half-up-do I have ever seen! Its simplicity of style and intricate pattern will have all your friends asking how you did it. And for me, the icing on the cake is… no bobby pins!! For those of you who don’t want an head full of bobby pins after prom night, or who like wearing your hair down, this style is perfect and definately pretty enough for prom or graduation (the knot won’t interfere with the cap!) This will work well with straight or curly hair but it does need to be on the long side, as I had a hard time trying it on my just past shoulder length hair.
- Start with a small section of hair from each side of the head. Preferably the longest hair as it makes it easier to work with. Wet these sections for ease of handling.
- Take the left side section and twist it to the back of the head and then make a large loop with it so that it crosses over itself and the tail end is facing back toward the left ear. (see pic)
- Twist the right side section to the back of the head and weave this section:
- over the tail end of the left side loop.
- under the beginning of the left side loop.
- over and into the loop.
- under the beginning of the right side section (itself).
- back up through the loop.
- Pull on both ends so the knot is tight enough to hold.
- Adjust knot and hair sections to taste (this is where you can make it messy or adjust the height or the looseness of the knot)
- Mix knot ends into hair that is down.
This hairstyle was inspired by www.twistmepretty.com where Abby has many amazing hair-style tutorials that would go with any prom dress.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.