This half braid, half ponytail combination looks complicated and fancy but its quite simple once you divide your hair into sections. It’s as easy as braid, pony, pull and looks fabulous once done. This would be difficult but not impossible to do on yourself and is recommended for medium to long hair. The last pic in this article is this hairstyle on my medium haired model. I got this hairstyle inspiration from www.alifetimeofrain.com
Here is what you’ll need:
- 5 or more clear elastics
- Brush hair back from face and divide into three sections.
- Clip side sections from the top of the ear forward out of the way.
- Take the middle section and make a dutch french braid pulling in only the middle section pieces until you reach the tops of the ears.
- Continue the braid the rest of the way without pulling more hair then secure with elastic.
- Pancake (pull at the sides of braided hair) the braid so that it is fuller.
- Comb two clipped side sections from above the ear together with the braid and secure with an elastic.
- Comb two side sections of hair to bottom of ear, combine with the braid and secure with an elastic.
- Pull at the non braided hair in the elastic to make a bubble.
- Comb two sections of hair at nape of neck to combine with the braid and secure with an elastic.
- Again, pull at the non braided hair in the elastic to make a bubble.
- Continue adding elastics and bubbling non braided hair until you reach the end of the braid. Secure whole thing with an elastic.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own and what worked for you! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.