If you are asking yourself, “Can I pull of the Faux-Hawk?”, the answer is “Absolutely!”. I have admired this Faux Hawk for a couple months and now that I realize how easy it is to do, I’m so excited to share it with you. It is very close to Rey’s Triple Buns from January. But this is sleeker on the sides and messier on the top. We tried this style with wet hair and it didn’t work well (too tidy), so make sure hair is dry for a bigger pouffier faux hawk.
- 8 elastics
- Bobby Pins
- Start with dry hair. Brush all hair back from your face.
- Make 4 pony tails in the middle of your head equal distance apart starting the first one 2 inches from your hairline and ending the 4th one at the nape of your neck. Make sure the sides are sleek and flat.
- Tease each each of the 4 ponytails. Loosely braid and secure with clear elastics.
- Give each braid even more volume by pulling at the braided hair starting at the bottom and moving up.
- Wrap each braid messily into a bun an secure with bobby pins. Make sure the buns are touching so that there are no gaps between the buns.
- Pull at the buns to give more volume and to remove gaps.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own and what worked for you! We love to hear about your personal style creativity.