I found this surprisingly great summer salad recipe on the The Allrecipes.ca website.
You can drizzle honey on this simple salad to make it sweeter, but its also really yummy with just the apples and avocados. Its an unexpectedly refreshing treat you have to try to believe.
- 2 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 large granny smith apple – cored and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hulled sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocados, apple and raisins. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle with honey (optional)
*If your raisins are not moist, soak them in water for 10 minutes then drain before adding.
Serves 4 Calories: 294 Fat: 15.9 g Carbohydrates: 41.4 g Fiber: 9 g Protein: 3.2 g Sodium: 10mg