My friend Jen sent in this recipe saying it was an easy recipe for when friends come over. I agree, and soooo yummy. She found it on the Diary Goodness website courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Canada .
- 1 cup grated apple (leave skin on apple)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 3% plain yogurt (for more protein use greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 6 small whole wheat tortillas
- Wash and grate the apples till there is 1 cup. I used 1 large apple.
- Grate cheddar cheese or use pre-shredded kind.
- Mix grated apple, grated cheese, greek yogurt, and mustard together.
- Sprinkle with Walnuts, or seeds. (Optional)
- Spoon 1/4 cup into centre of each tortilla and roll up, tucking in ends.
- Enjoy chilled or warm (place tortilla on microwave safe plate heat on high for 30 seconds)
This also works well as a dip served with pita chips, corn chips, crackers or pretzels.
Serves 6 Calories: 233 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 21 g Sugars: 2.7 g Fiber: 1.9 g Protein: 9 g Sodium: 332 mg Potassium: 104 mg