Here is another Valentine’s Day hairdo that you are sure to LOVE. This one also involves some simple bobby-pinning but I think we are getting better at it, don’t you? This style was inspired by Cute Girls Hairstyles and Princess Hairstyles. I love the four-strand braid with the ribbon detail as it adds some color to this fun style. But if the 4 strand is too difficult, a standard three-strand braid works just as well. With or without the ribbon this style is sure to be a hit on the 14th.
- 4 elastics
- bobby pins
- 2 sections of ribbon – I cut our 2 sections of ribbon double the length of her ponytail.
- Watch Princess Hairstyles 4 strand braid tutorial if unfamiliar on how to make a 4 strand braid.
- Part hair down the middle.
- Section off right top portion of hair from the top of the ear to the middle part and secure with elastic as close to the middle part as possible.
- Section off left top portion of hair from the top of the ear to the middle part and secure with elastic as close to the middle part as possible.
- At the back of the right pony tail you have created slip the ribbon under the elastic and wrap twice to keep in place.
- Divide right side pony into three equal sections of hair, plus the ribbon makes four.
- Using the strand of ribbon as the third section in your four strand braid continue the braid using the four strand method (see 4 strand tutorial above).
- Secure with elastic at the end.
- Repeat steps 5-8 on left side.
- Take right side braid and wrap once clockwise around itself at the top of the braid and bobby pin in place.
- Take left side braid and wrap once counter-clockwise around itself at the top of the braid and bobby pin in place.
- Remove elastics from the ends of both right and left side braids and secure them together with one elastic.
- Take hanging ribbon ends and pull to back of the elastic, then wrap one ribbon toward the front of the braid on one side and one on the other side so they meet in the middle.
- Tie a nice bow so as to cover the elastic.
- Voila!! A beautifully colorful Valentie’s Day heart hair style.
Write a comment below to tell us how this style worked for you and where you wore it. Also let us know your tips and tricks for how you made it your own and what worked for you! We love to hear about your personal style creativity. Happy Heart Day!